- Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
- Researching maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
- Advising managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Keeping track of materials and ordering more when required.
- Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Traveling from the office to various sites as required.
- Meeting with clients to discuss project requirements.
- Undertaking feasibility studies, site surveys and estimations.
- Preparing contract documents and tenders.
- Identifying commercial risks and developing appropriate responses.
- Allocating and monitoring the work of subcontractors.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Analysing project outcomes and creating detailed financial reports.
- Maximising potential project income at all times.
- Ensuring compliance with all health, safety, sustainability, quality and other statutory requirements.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- Fully conversant with shop drawings and construction drawings
- Minimum 5 years of experience acquired preferably in a contracting environment.
- Computer literate and fully conversant with Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Project & good knowledge of Auto CAD.
- Able to handle pressure and work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, proactive, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
Deadline: 09 Jun 2023