PANEL BEATER - GRADE I
Job from Axess in Electrical / Engineering / Mechanical - 10 Dec 2021
Outline of job role and purpose
The Panel Beater Grade I will have as responsibilities to strip, repair, replace, fit and adjust body panels after accident damage or modification, including the repair of body panels and refitting components.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Repair body panel.
- Prepare and adjust plates for welding.
- Repair and replace structural damage.
- Dismantle parts for estimates of repairs.
- Remove and replace/fit protector moldings, transfers and decals.
- Remove and replace adhesive bonded panels and structures.
- Dismantle accessories/vehicle parts and repair/renew parts.
- Repair body panels (all body repairs).
- Straighten vehicle on JIG (excluding 4X4).
- Repair Engine carrier & chassis.
- Provide assistance and coaching to newcomer’s apprentice, and grade 2 and 3.
- Body repairs skills
- Communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least form 3
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in automotive panel works
- Valid manual driving license