Islandian - Travel Planner/Designer/Expert
Job from Rogers in Catering / Hospitality / Tourism - 17 Jul 2019
Outline of job role and purpose
Partner with us to craft island experiences.
Islandian is looking for Travel Planner/Designer/Expert. This is the perfect job for those who are passionate about travelling.
The successful candidate will manage tailored-made travel requirements for business or holiday and the ultimate goal is to keep our Customers satisfied and loyal for future services.
Not everyone has a clear idea about where they would like to travel or what they would like to do on holidays. As a Travel Planner, and being locally based, you will be acting as an Ambassador for the Indian Ocean islands, advising our potential Customers about their travel and crafting a unique and memorable experience for them.
- To handle potential Customers over the phone, identifying their needs and design travel packages including flights, transfers, accommodation and experiences.
- Follow up with Customers about travel plans and make adjustments as and when needed.
- Deal with Customer’s queries in a timely manner.
- Achieve monthly sales targets assigned by Management.
- Good Communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong Sales Skills and commercial awareness
- Good listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Well organized
- Diploma in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field preferred.
- Knowledge of computer reservations systems, GDS/CRM systems and e-travelling will be advantage.
- Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel trends.