Health and Safety Officer
Job from Axess in Health & Safety / Quality - 30 Jan 2020
Outline of job role and purpose
To coordinate fire drill exercise
To do training pertaining to safety
To do the follow up of the medical surveillance with the company doctor
To do the Safety committee and Comité Pilotage for Managers
To do the follow up of risk assessment
To update the communicate board for safety
To recommend preventive and corrective measures to eliminate and/or reduce potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
To do accident investigation and recommend technical advice
To investigate the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
To advise on programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, and asbestos management plans.
To inspect and evaluate workplace environment, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
To conduct safety induction and training.
To maintain and update emergency response plans and procedures.
To conduct audits at hazardous waste sites or industrial sites, and participate in hazardous waste site investigations.
• Minimum qualification is a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or its equivalence certified by the Tertiary Education Commission.
• Minimum of 5 years cumulative of work experience in Health & Safety
• Mastering of the local occuptional Health & Safety Act and related regulations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools .
• Dynamic, focused and reliable person, with strong interpersonal, administration and communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with supervisors and collaborators.
• Ability to operate with the highest levels of discretion and confidentiality.
• Holder of a valid driving licence.