Job from Axess in Procurement / Purchasing - 15 Mar 2020
Outline of job role and purpose
Responsibility and accountability to forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock of parts, materials and services and ensuring that the company’s operational needs are met, taking into account price and delivery time and to ensure continuity of supply. Additionally, contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice procurement vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to support and improve operational performance.
Prepare monthly stock orders for all Axess brands taking into consideration current stock levels, UIO (Units in operation) and operational requirements. Prepare initial orders for new models launched on the market. Ensure purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents are in place and updated when required Work with suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective performance, quality and compliance. Manage technological systems that track the shipment and inventory Develop creative and innovative procurement processes (eProcurement) Manage relationships with suppliers and freight forwarders Assist the Procurement Manager to select and develop new suppliers and freight forwarders Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues Review and negotiate existing agreements with freight forwarders to optimize commercial terms
• At least 5 years of work experience; of which at least 2 years in similar job.
• Education: At least Bachelor Degree in management or business studies or supply chain/procurement and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in a dealership is a strong advantage and basic car knowledge is an advantage
• Languages: Written and spoken French and English
• Strong proven analytical background
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Access and industry-specific analysis software
• Computer skills: proficient with all computer applications • Other: Driver’s license