Job from Axess in Procurement / Purchasing - 13 Apr 2020
Outline of job role and purpose
Responsibility and accountability to maintain positive relations with Suppliers, Freight Agents and internal Customers, evaluating best supply options cost effective. The Procurement Officer must also ensure that all aspects of a logistics team, such as shipping, warehousing, are working together to fill orders and deliver products on a timely basis. Additionally, contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice procurement vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to support and improve operational performance.
Responibilities and Duties:
• Ability to explain to customers about necessary repairs that need to be done and promoting quality business work
• Check inventory status at supplier and place orders to supplier as per set calendar (On time)
• Packing and Invoicing of orders as per scheduled
• Liaise with Freight agents for shipping once invoicing at supplier is completed
• Liaise with local agents for clearing and with Warehouse for the delivery of goods in a timely basis
• Review and negotiate existing agreements with freight forwarders to optimize commercial terms
• Manage relationships with suppliers and freight forwarders
• Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues
• At least 5 years of work experience; of which at least 2 years in similar job.
• Education: At least a Diploma in management or business studies or supply chain/procurement and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in a dealership and basic car knowledge is an advantage
• Languages: Written and spoken French and English
• Proven analytical background
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access and industry-specific analysis software
• Other: Driver’s license is an advantage