Promoting arts & culture
We find that Mauritian artists embody our group's innovative and dynamic spirit very well. We have thus made it our mission to promote local talents.
Rogers Foundation seeks to nurture exceptional creative accomplishment, scholarship, and academy practices in the arts, while promoting a diverse and sustainable ecosystem for these disciplines. We support the work of outstanding artists, curators, conservators, and scholars, as well as endeavors to strengthen related organisations such as art museums, research institutes and academies. Alongside our continued commitment to exemplary programs in the performing arts, art history, and conservation, new areas of emphasis include,
- Programs that strengthen the creation and preservation of, as well as scholarship about, multidisciplinary arts
- Initiatives that broaden public access to and understanding of the arts
- Research, training, and recruitment programs that enhance diversity and inclusion in arts organizations
- Collaborations between institutions of higher education and the arts
- Efforts to address vulnerabilities distinctive to the arts, such as the financial health of small arts organizations and emergency preparedness and response