Rogers Real Estate & Agribusiness is seeking to recruit an Accountant for its shared services of Agrïa limited, Case Noyale Ltée and Les Villas de Bel Ombre Limited.
The Accountant will be responsible to perform various duties as assigned:
Outline of the job
- Organise the accounting team to attend to all financial accounting needs (Debtors / Creditors / Cash / Procurement) including financial recording in line with the group policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- Consolidate accounts and attend to monthly/quarterly and yearly reporting requirements.
- Prepare cashflow reports and ad hoc financial reports as required by the Operations / Management.
- Attend to all compliance requirements: - be informed of any new IFRS and/or other legislation changes impacting on the business activities and implement the necessary amendments to current practice.
- Ensure that accounting processes are efficient and adhering to adequate internal controls.
- Implement financial control initiatives with any audit weaknesses identified in compliance to the group’s policy manual.
- Manage the yearly external audit of the financial statements ensuring that the agreed audit planning is abided by, the timely attendance to audit queries and that meetings are coordinated to address any pending audit matters with the Head of Finance & other appropriate parties.
- Assist in the implementation of IT projects concerning primarily the accounting/ finance department.
- Maintain the fixed assets database (disposal, transfer, and acquisition), tagging of applicable assets and compute depreciation accordingly.
- Review and submit Statutory Returns as per set target for VAT, TDS, Income Tax etc… and other reports & information to other institutions such as BOM, FIU, FSC or EDB.
- Ensure that proper working papers are kept and ensure proper filing protocols are abided by.
- Validate weekly bank reconciliations, cash positions & listing of weekly payments. Review all payments and sign off on remittances.
- Develop, maintain, and analyse annual budgets, strategic plans with the preparation of periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Assistance in administrative related matters such as transfer of assets between entities, insurances, licenses etc, assistance in legal contracts follow-up and others.
- Be committed to excellence and promote efficiency by setting personal example of corporate values.
Candidate Profile and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in accounting related duties
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or partly ACCA qualified.
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work both independently as well as a member of a team.
Detailed curriculum vitae with supporting documents should be sent by the 31st March 2023 to the Human Resources Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.